Capital of Texas Triathlon – May 30
The CapTexTri is coming up on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30! In addition to this event being one of the premier triathlons in Texas and an official event in the Race to the Toyota Cup Series, it has even more to offer to athletes and spectators, alike!
Here are a few things going on around the CapTexTri you definitely want to check out!
- Wounded Warrior Dinner – The CapTexTri takes place on Memorial Day, and race organizers want to honor the brave men and women of the armed forces. The Wounded Warrior Dinner benefits the Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project – a Joint Venture between Wounded Warrior Project and Disabled Sports USA, providing year-round sports programs as an integral part of traumatic injury rehabilitation for severely wounded service members. 100% of net proceeds from the Wounded Warrior Dinner go to benefit the Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project. Click here to buy your ticket for this amazing event on Wednesday, May 25 at the Austin Hilton Hotel: http://www.woundedwarriordinner.com/ or call 512-293-9932 to purchase tickets at the event.
- Janus Charity Challenge - This unique program is designed to help triathletes raise money for their favorite charities and add more personal meaning to their race. It is open to any athlete registered for the CapTex Triathlon, racing in any category. Janus offers a challenge to athletes by providing $30,000 prize purse for the charities of the top fundraisers. Plus, there are no fundraising minimums to participate in the Janus Charity Challenge program. Learn more here at http://www.januscharitychallenge.com.
- Multi-Sport Expo – pick up your race packet and browse the expo, all at the Palmer Event Center on Sunday, May 29 from 11:00am to 6:30pm. There will be lots of multi-sport goodies there, including apparel, gear, nutrition and more. Plus, MyFitList will be there!!! Meet us in person, and get the scoop on some really awesome things we have going on that will help you find your ideal fitness match. AND enter into our giveaway for amazing gifts from Austin Cycle Camp, BettySport, Thunderbird Energetica, Efficient Exercise, Healthy Bites, T3, Flywheel Fitness, Tempo Multisport, Shammies N Koozies, and more!
- Volunteer Opportunities – CapTexTri runs smoothly in large part because of the important role volunteers play! Click here to learn more about volunteering opportunities. http://captextri.com/triathlon-volunteer.php
- “Day after” registration – while you can still register for the 2011 CapTexTri, stay tuned for “day-after” event registration deals that will allow you to sign up for the 2012 CapTex at a reduced rate.
If you’re around this weekend, be sure to come out and cheer on the athletes. Some of the best Pro triathletes in the world will be out racing the CapTexTri, including Andy Potts, Matty Reed, Hunter Kemper, Sarah Haskins, Sara McLarty, Becky Lavelle – and more! Check out the official CapTexTri race guide for a list of more pros and all the race information.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! We can’t wait to hear about your PR’s and fun stories from CapTex 2011!
New to MyFitList? Check us out, and meet your fitness match: www.myfitlist.com
|Print article||This entry was posted by admin on May 25, 2011 at 4:54 pm, and is filed under Races, Triathlon. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
No comments yet.
No trackbacks yet.
about 3 years ago - No comments
A big thanks to everyone who entered the MyFitList “Meet Your Match Giveaway” at the CapTexTri Expo! We had such a great time meeting you all! In case you missed it, here’s what we were up to last weekend:
As you know, MyFitList connects you with hundreds of training groups, gyms, massage therapists, fitness retailers and More >