Posts tagged Capital of Texas Triathlon
A big thanks to everyone who entered the MyFitList “Meet Your Match Giveaway” at the CapTexTri Expo! We had such a great time meeting you all! In case you missed it, here’s what we were up to last weekend:
- As you know, MyFitList connects you with hundreds of training groups, gyms, massage therapists, fitness retailers and more online! (check it out here: www.myfitlist.com). You can easily find information on all of these businesses in ONE PLACE, instead of searching hundreds of individual websites online!
- MyFitList brought together a huge giveaway featuring some of our favorite fit businesses in Austin including: Austin Cycle Camp, Bettysport, Castle Hill Fitness and Food4Fitness, Efficient Exercise, Flywheel Fitness, FOMO Training, Healthy Bites, Mauro Pilates Body, Pedal Hard, Shammies N Koozies, T3 Triathlon Training, Tempo Multisport, Thunderbird Energetica, and Zellies. Whew!
- Winners have been selected at random. Here are the lucky folks and their prizes!
Austin Cycle Camp – 4 pack of group training classes – Michael Hammond
Bettysport – $30 giftcard for athletic apparel, footwear and accessories for women and a Bettysport t-shirt – Myphuong Sang
Castle Hill Fitness & Food4Fitness – 2-week total Castle Hill Experience including VIP gym access, discounted spa services & gift certificate to Food4Fitness - Miriam Raviv, Ed Swarthout, and James Cotter
Efficient Exercise – 3 personal sessions of high intensity strength training – Mauricio Benitez
Flywheel Fitness - 5 class pass for indoor rowing, cycling, and bootcamps – Anne Dillard
FOMO Training – 1 month of custom triathlon training programs – Andrew Leech
Healthy Bites - variety box of Healthy Bites minimally processed, gluten-free bites to fuel your training, recovery and snacking – Kirby Jacobs
Mauro Pilates Body – Pilates Series for Triathletes – including 3 private sessions each focusing on a specific sport in triathlon – Alissa Magrum
Pedal Hard - 3 coached Computrainer sessions – Judy Jonas
Shammies N Koozies – free registration to the Shammies N Koozies ride & float event on June 11 – Ken Krakow
T3 Triathlon Training – Stroke Technique Swim Clinic registration PLUS triathlon training for duration of the clinic – Scott Schaefer
T3 Triathlon Training – Stroke Technique Swim Clinic registration – Mark Foster
Tempo Multisport – 1 hour private cycling lesson – Steven Conroy
Thunderbird Energetica – package of Thunderbird artisan energy bars and t-shirt – Gabriel Cardona-Fox
Zellies - sample pack of Zellies 100% xylitol mints and gum – Renee White
Congratulations to our winners!! Stay tuned for more giveaways and updates from MyFitList by joining our e-mail list here: www.myfitlist.com or connecting with us on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/myfitlist.
The CapTexTri is coming up on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30! In addition to this event being one of the premier triathlons in Texas and an official event in the Race to the Toyota Cup Series, it has even more to offer to athletes and spectators, alike!
Here are a few things going on around the CapTexTri you definitely want to check out!
- Wounded Warrior Dinner – The CapTexTri takes place on Memorial Day, and race organizers want to honor the brave men and women of the armed forces. The Wounded Warrior Dinner benefits the Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project – a Joint Venture between Wounded Warrior Project and Disabled Sports USA, providing year-round sports programs as an integral part of traumatic injury rehabilitation for severely wounded service members. 100% of net proceeds from the Wounded Warrior Dinner go to benefit the Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project. Click here to buy your ticket for this amazing event on Wednesday, May 25 at the Austin Hilton Hotel: http://www.woundedwarriordinner.com/ or call 512-293-9932 to purchase tickets at the event.
- Janus Charity Challenge - This unique program is designed to help triathletes raise money for their favorite charities and add more personal meaning to their race. It is open to any athlete registered for the CapTex Triathlon, racing in any category. Janus offers a challenge to athletes by providing $30,000 prize purse for the charities of the top fundraisers. Plus, there are no fundraising minimums to participate in the Janus Charity Challenge program. Learn more here at http://www.januscharitychallenge.com.
- Multi-Sport Expo – pick up your race packet and browse the expo, all at the Palmer Event Center on Sunday, May 29 from 11:00am to 6:30pm. There will be lots of multi-sport goodies there, including apparel, gear, nutrition and more. Plus, MyFitList will be there!!! Meet us in person, and get the scoop on some really awesome things we have going on that will help you find your ideal fitness match. AND enter into our giveaway for amazing gifts from Austin Cycle Camp, BettySport, Thunderbird Energetica, Efficient Exercise, Healthy Bites, T3, Flywheel Fitness, Tempo Multisport, Shammies N Koozies, and more!
- Volunteer Opportunities – CapTexTri runs smoothly in large part because of the important role volunteers play! Click here to learn more about volunteering opportunities. http://captextri.com/triathlon-volunteer.php
- “Day after” registration – while you can still register for the 2011 CapTexTri, stay tuned for “day-after” event registration deals that will allow you to sign up for the 2012 CapTex at a reduced rate.
If you’re around this weekend, be sure to come out and cheer on the athletes. Some of the best Pro triathletes in the world will be out racing the CapTexTri, including Andy Potts, Matty Reed, Hunter Kemper, Sarah Haskins, Sara McLarty, Becky Lavelle – and more! Check out the official CapTexTri race guide for a list of more pros and all the race information.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! We can’t wait to hear about your PR’s and fun stories from CapTex 2011!
New to MyFitList? Check us out, and meet your fitness match: www.myfitlist.com