Posts tagged Sprint
Our mission at MyFitList is to connect the fit minded people of Austin with resources and information that help them get the most out of the amazing fitness community in Austin. Each month, we’ll be featuring a new activity and February is TRIATHLON MONTH! Throughout the month, we’ll be featuring training and racing tips from Austin pros, highlighting training groups, gear reviews, events, sharing special promotions and more. Whether you’ve never tried a triathlon or you’re an experienced age-grouper, we’re excited to feature info to help you have the best season ever!
First things first. What is a triathlon?!
Swim > Bike > Run
There are 4 main distances in the sport of triathlon:
SPRINT: (also comes in the ‘super-sprint’ variety, with even shorter distances). Most sprints are:
Swim: 750 meters
Bike: 20 km (12.4 mi)
Run: 5 km (3.1 mi)
Swim: 1.5 km (0.93 mi)
Bike: 40 km (24.8 mi)
Run: 10 km (6.2 mi)
Swim: 1.93 km (1.2 mi)
Bike: 90 km (56 mi)
Run: 21.09 km (13.1 mi)
Swim: 3.86 Km (2.4 mi)
Bike: 180 km (112 mi)
Run: 42.2 km (26.2 mi)
There are many options when it comes to preparing for a triathlon race, including: private coaching, group training, training camps, online training plans and free workouts in the community. Get familiar with training resources in Austin here: http://www.myfitlist.com/find/activity/triathlon
A few things to consider when finding your training “fit”:
- Do you prefer working out with a group or alone?
- Does your schedule allow for set workout times and locations or do you need flexibility?
- Do you need the instruction, support, and motivation that a coach would provide?
- Are there specific skills you need to develop to feel confident racing triathlon?
- What are your racing goals?
Among the many options for triathlon training in Austin, each program offers something unique that will help you have a great season and positive triathlon experience! The key is finding your “fit”.
See how you can train and save with MyFitCard. Perks and promotions from some of Austin’s top triathlon resources like: Austin T3, Big Pistachio / Camp Multisport, FOMO Training, iRuniTri Multisport, Jack and Adam’s Bicycles, T3 Multisports, Tempo Multisport.
Stay tuned throughout the month for an in-depth look at topics like:
- Selecting a great race in the 2012 season.
- Training camps for intensive skill building.
- Nutrition for endurance athletes.
- Best gear for beginner to advanced.
- Is personal coaching right for me?
- How group training can help me reach my tri goals.
- And more!
MyFitList brings together the latest information on hundreds of local fitness businesses in Austin. We’re your resource for inspiration and information for getting and staying fit. Search hundreds of Austin fitness groups and services like running, triathlon, bootcamps, yoga studios, gyms and more all in one place! Check us out at www.myfitlist.com